Sunday, September 21, 2008

I wrote a poem a few days ago.. It was completely random but has proved somehow to relate to Robert Frost's poem (The Impulse) that I published in my last post. Well, at least I think it does. See for yourself.


amid
-//-
a twig snapped and a dry leaf crackled
beneath my feet
and i looked back to see who followed
so we could meet;

i found but no one on my trail
although i sought,
and wondered if there was a ghost
and felt distraught;

if surely there were someone he'd
himself reveal.
but i continued on my way,
my heart to heal.



All right. And please leave me comments!

Moving right along, on Friday was our homecoming game. We lost to the San Juan Broncos, but it's all good. I'm not especially heartbroken, truth be told. As soon as Tommy sends me a few more pics I can post 'em on here to show you guys.

I'm pretty bored right now. I guess I'll tell about yesterday, our little "motif-y weenie shebang" or in other words, last night we had a campfire shebang with our YW &YM of the Axtell 2nd Branch (Spanish Branch). It was very fun! I told a couple scary stories and got spooked out myself a few times after that. It was real dark except for the fire and Anna sat on the end, then me, then Lilly and Macklin. It was a sortof different dynamic because Lilly and Macklin were holding hands and me and Anna were just sitting there listening to scary stories and laughing our heads off and singing campfire songs, but that's all right. I guess we needed the time to reconcile because a couple days earlier we got into a little verbal altercation.

Sunday Mornings are the bomb. Just kidding. But they can be good at select times. :] lol.

1 comment:

Lauremo Noto said...

from all of the pictures I've seen from Tommy, the game looked super fun even though we didn't really play very well. Thats lame. BYU is doing awesome though! 2 shut out games in a row! Its nice to finally be cheering for an awesome team. . . hahah really helps out the school spirit!

Hope things are going awesome for you chica! and I LOVE the poem. In fact, I printed it out and its on my desk wall. :) *loves!*