Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sheesh

Okay, I owe an apology to all the avid readers of my blog, because it's been like, six years since I've posted. There are some pretty intense things that are changing up right now, for one, we have our FIRST speech meet of the season scheduled for next Friday and Saturday in Riverton. As you might be able to tell, I'm freakin stoked! I haven't ever been to one of these before, so hopefully I don't get my trash kicked by somebody from up there. Anna and I are PF [public forum] partners. She might have an interference with basketball on that weekend; she'd better not. Or I'm seriously in some trouble - and secondly, I haven't even chosen my other event. I'm thinking either congress or oratory, because they might not have SpAr, which is a shame because that would also be very cool. I'm really looking forward to it all :].

Um, what else.. Barack Obama was voted into office. We first heard the news last night, when a bunch of us were gathered in Lauren's TV room and Lauren's little sister, Aubrey, came down and stated to us all, "Obama's President."

Everyone sortof just sat there in shock for a second or two, and then Stacia let out a loud cheer. "WOOOOOOOOOO!!! CHANGE!!!!!!" I have to agree with her. At least it could be worse. McCain (in my opinion, a very 'crooked' politician by all means, in the simplest sense of the words) could be in the White House right now, assisted by Sarah Palin, a very (excuse me, but) inexperienced and unqualified would-be Vice President of the United States. Besides, I think it's incredible that a black guy actually got into the political race this far! The first African-American President! What a terribly auspicious moment in our country's history.

6 comments:

Bythewat said...

obama is the worst thing to happen to this country

Lauremo Noto said...

politics- blah. the people that are freaking out are the ones that haven't been paying attention to what has been going on. Obama has been the clear winner for months now, but most people think this is a super sudden thing. and its not the end of the world. people who think that don't understand the issues.

I'm excited for your first speech meet!!! Riverton was a super good time with Steve and Elysa and the diahrrea bug. ooooh awesome. Maybe I can help judge. . . Friday night? idk. I'll have to talk to benj. Good luck with the whole partner thing though. I experienced that a few times and got to work with a few different partners, even last year. Its good for you! Good luck!

Preston said...

You rock, Becca, you rock!

Cho and Zoja said...

Yay obama!!! He baracks my socks!!!
I totally agree with you about him and mccain!
~lauren

.:Z.I.G.G.I.R.A.M.A:. said...

B.O. stinks.

Ty

*becca :D said...

LOLOL!! ^_^