Monday, July 7, 2008

Today, while the sun shines. . .



Technically I may be going chronologically corrupt, but last week I went to my first ever dance (well not really first ever. I went to the school dances, after all). . . the stake dance. It was a freaking bunch of fun. I seriously had the time of my life! I also taught someone I'd never seen in my life, how to slow dance. (A couple people, actually. LOL. . . ) And on the "Just Kidding!" dance, me and Kristin were seriously rockin out while we busted our moves on the floor. Haha. That sounds kind of cool and kind of lame at the same time.

The real bummer came when CCP (thanks very much) showed up at the end. Kind of rained on the parade, strangely enough, because I'd been dying for him to be there the entire time and when he finally showed up, it was ruined. Dang. Not really ruined but, dampered I'd say, if you know what I mean. It really was weird. I guess it wouldn't have been as bad if I hadn't been attempting to make conversation with him after the dance, and he objected when I'd stated that we were best friends.

All in all, it was great though. The music was awesome, and I saw a ton of people I knew and we had a fantastical time just chillin.

I got back from play practice a bit ago (the musical Brigadoon) and in this scene I have to go up to another girl onstage and hip-smack her out of position. It's really fun. Then we're supposedly heating up and getting into a little bit of a ruckus onstage and i'm just like "Bring it....foo...." lol, I think that's sooo fun to say.

Alright, back to the future. I'm super psyched becuz tomorrow is the first ever Writers Circle Meeting!! Exciting I know! I'm really eager to share something I've been working on with everyone there, although I've already shared it with a couple people who will be going to it. The Writers Circle also has a blog, but don't check it out yet. I don't think there are any posts as of yet. Oh well.

www.ziggirama.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Lauremo Noto said...

Stake dances are so much fun, especially because you can bust out your own moves, and did doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. They're the bomb diggity.

Thats exciting you're in the play, when is it going off??? I want to see it if its before I leave.

.:Z.I.G.G.I.R.A.M.A:. said...

Hey! What's up? Wow, stake dances. so it was fun?

Never heard of Brigadoon. Sounds like you're going to have fun in it though!

Wait, which poem did you bring to the meeting? Have I read it? Is it the one I didn't get to read?

Ty

*becca :D said...

lol i'm having a blast in the play! and i think that we perform it sometime in august. thanks! see you guys!